Thursday, May 30, 2013

Letter To A Friend

Dear friend,

 Do you remember the times we would just chitchat until 4 am or later even though we both had work that morning? Going so far as to buy me minutes for my pay-as-you go account for All-Tell because we accidently talked so much in ONE day it ate all my minutes for the MONTH up... Do you remember when you came to me to bounce ideas back and forth, not just with the characters we ran together, but for feuds, storylines, etc. I do, I remember them as if it was only yesterday. 

By now you know who you are, the friend I am talking to. I won't say your name, there is really no need to. I want you to know I miss how we once were. We called each other brothers for christ sake and now... now I don't even think you consider me much of anything sometimes. From tearing down creations that took me ten years to build to their prominance in only a matter of minutes and all because I messed up and didn't do a segment. That hurt, you have no clue how much that hurt me. That you would do that to a 'brother' let alone a friend. To me repeatedly asking when I will get to do something and watching as someone else gets to do their third one; again that hurt me alot.

Maybe you didn't realize it would have that kind of effect on me. Maybe you didn't think I'd take it personally what you had a character of yours do. It happens, I know there are times I've done things I didn't realize would effect someone negatively. I know the segment thing was not truly personal, but it hurt me nonetheless because I never expected you of all people to do that kind of segment directed souly at my creations.

I've held that in for over a year now, its been that long festering inside me; spatting at me, and taunting at me. I don't say this because I'm angry; I'm not angry anymore... I've been over it. I'm just now at the point where I can say it and not sound bitter about it.

I miss what we once were; I don't really know what changed or why it did. But I have a feeling I know what it was, and for that; I can only shake my head; not just at that but at myself for allowing something as trivial as FAKE characters and storylines interfer with a friendhship... a brotherhood. I hope if you read this, you are shaking your head too because of the notion that fake characters has basically torn us apart.

In closing my dear friend, I want us back to what we once were. I want us to be brothers again. I want to feel like I matter in not only our little game with you, but that I matter to you personally. Because you matter to me, you've always mattered to me... because if you didn't dear friend?

I'd have left when the Exodus occured too.

If you read this, I'm ready... willing... and able to repair this. You know how to reach me. 

I love you, brother.

-Jer

No comments:

Post a Comment